Okanogan County Tourism Council’s marketing and strategies promote all areas in Okanogan Country.
OCTC’s Board of Directors are volunteers and represent the tourism industry to other organizations, gather data, provide ideas, and work to perform certain tasks. Okanogan County Tourism Council launched a TV campaign to help bring tourists back to our beautiful county! Please watch and share the video, check out the TV schedule below. More commercials will be coming soon!
Over the past year we carried out the following list of projects:
- Publication and distribution of a county-wide AG Guide
- Hospitality Trainings for front line employees
- Co-op Ads with OCTC Members in Targeted Publications which included Northwest Outdoors, Northwest Travel, SnowWest, SnoFlyer, Outdoors Northwest Snow Guide, Cross-Country Skier, Master Skier, and SkiTrax just to name a few.
- Exterior panel ads on buses in the Seattle Metropolitan Area
- Ongoing Social Media Initiatives on Facebook & Twitter
- Revisions to the County Website and our Search Engine Optimization
- Ongoing Revisions to and distribution of the County Travel Planner
- Booths at Specific Market tradeshows
- Development of a county-wide system of information kiosks & VIC Signage
- Continued Development & Distribution of Activity Specific Maps
As a result of these activities we have seen an increase in lodging tax revenues, distribution of our Travel Planner increased, visits to our website increased and our Facebook likes are ever-climbing!