Methow Valley Pursuit
A winter weekend dedicated to celebrating the history of trails and nordic skiing in the Methow Valley.
Join us for a come-one-come-all Community Loppet with food, fun and festivities along the 30km Methow Community Trail. The untimed 10K Loppet is free and open to everyone.
Friday, January 20:
- 30K Loppet & Pursuit packet pick-up and late registration, 4:00-6:00pm, Methow Trails office. (10K Loppet participation is FREE, no packet needed)
Saturday, January 21: Community Loppet and Pursuit (Day 1)
- 8:00am, Racer bus shuttle from Town Trailhead to Mazama
- 8:00am-9:00am, Late registration and packet pick-up, Mazama Trailhead.
- 9:30am Mass start of the Methow Community Trail Loppet & Pursuit (Day 1)
Sunday, January 22: Pursuit (Day 2) or Citizen Tour
- 8:00am, Bus shuttle from Mazama Trailhead to Cub Creek.
- 8:30-9:30am, Packet/bib pick-up, Cub Creek Trailhead.
- 9:30am Interval start for "Pursuit" traditional (classic) and freestyle (skate) racers, based on Day-1 result. Startline at Cub Creek Trailhead.
- 10:00am Mass start for citizen racers, skate and classic.
- 11:30-1:30 Food and gathering space at Mazama Community Center near finishline. Awards at ~1:00pm.
The Community Loppet welcomes skiers of all types (30km or 10km, skate or classic) and abilities, and is a celebration of community, skiing and the history of trails in the Methow Valley. The un-timed 10K Loppet is free and open to all! Linger at festive aid stations along the trail, with fireside food and community.
The AMS 2-Day Pursuit course will be a journey! ~30k of skate skiing down the Methow Community Trail from Mazama to Winthrop (Day 1) and ~30k of classic (traditional catagory), or skate (freestyle catagory) skiing over Rendezvous Pass from Cub Creek to Mazama (Day 2). Recommended for intermediate to advanced skiers. One-day Citizen racers (skate or classic) welcome.
- $85 2-Day Pursuit American Marathon Series Race
- $40 30K Community Loppet (Saturday) or Citizen Race (Sunday)
- Free 10K Community Loppet (Saturday, ends at Brown's Farm)
- Kids 17 and under ski/race for FREE - but MUST REGISTER to be timed!
*Online registration closes January 15th. Late registration accepted at packet pick-up, Friday, January 19th, 4:00-6:00pm, or Saturday morning in Mazama, 8:15-8:45am. No late registration offered Sunday morning.
*No refunds after January 10th. All entry fees go up $10 on January 10th.
*** Methow Trails is a non-profit organization. Income from this event supports year-round trail operations in the Methow Valley. There are no entry refunds, exchanges, transfers or rollovers after refund deadline, and the event may be cancelled due to severe weather conditions, low-snow, fire, unhealthy air quality, road closures, natural disasters, or threats to local and national security.
Wax Recommendation by SWIX/Winthrop Mtn Sports available at bib pick-up.
Nordic Race Aid Stations
Aid stations and trailside fun will be provided at Brown's Farm and Wolf Ridge Resort (approximately every 10k) from 10:00am until 2:00pm both Saturday, and at Rendezvous Pass and "Sick Joke Hill" on Sunday. Race timing, trail sweep and volunteeer support ends at 2:00pm both days.
Pre-race bus shuttles available for event participants from finishline to startline both days. No post race shuttle.
Brown's Farm shuttle (back to Mazama) available at END of 10K Community Loppet, until 11:30am.
Results For race results, please check on the evening of the event.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winthrop, WA 98862